1. Welcome to CatInAFlat
1.1 CatInAFlat operates a platform which connects cat owners with cat lovers who wish to offer cat sitting related services using our website at www.CatInAFlat.com (the "Service")
1.2 The Service is operated by Cat in a Flat UK Ltd ("CatInAFlat", "we", "our", or "us").
2. Key definitions used in these Terms of Service
2.1 Cat Sitter means a person that has registered with our Service to offer Cat Sitter Services to Cat Owners;
2.2 Cat Owner means a person that has registered with our Service and who seeks cat Sitter Services; and
2.3 Cat Sitter Services means any services offered through our Service by Cat Sitters including but not limited to, pet-sitting, house sitting and related services.
2.4 Cat means domestic cat or small domestic pet mammal (rabbits, hamsters, mice) owned by the Cat Owner
3. Your relationship with us
3.1 This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the "Terms of Service") set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand the Terms of Service before using the Service. If there is anything within them that you do not understand, then please contact us at email@example.com to discuss what this means for you.
3.2 By setting up an account with us or using and accessing the Service you agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not browse or otherwise access or use the Service.
3.3 CatInAFlat is not party to any agreement you, as a Cat Sitter or Cat Owner, may enter into with another Cat Sitter or Cat Owner. The Service merely facilitates the introduction and matching of Cat Owners to Cat Sitters (and vice versa).
3.4 We reserve the right to modify the Services and these Terms and Conditions at any time, effective upon posting an updated version of these Terms and Conditions on this website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions.
4. Information about us
4.1 Cat in a Flat Ltd is incorporated and registered in the United Kingdom under company number 09002109. Our registered office is at 110 Lincoln Street, Norfolk, NR2 3LB, United Kingdom.
5. Information about you
6. Setting up an account
6.1 In order to access our Service and use certain features and areas of the Service, you must register with us and set up an account with an ID (associated with your email address) and password (your "Account"). We encourage you to use strong passwords with your Account.
6.2 You must be 18 years or older and capable in your country of residence of entering into a legally binding agreement to use our Service.
6.3 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and any activities that occur under your Account. If you have any concerns that your Account may have been misused, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org straight away to let us know.
7. Your Content
7.1 You confirm that any images, text or information that you make available or create ("User Content") whilst using the Service will meet the Rules of Acceptable Use.
7.2 We do not claim ownership of your User Content. Instead, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, copy, reproduce and make available the User Content anywhere and in any form for the purposes of providing our Service (including allowing our users to view and use your User Content).
7.3 We will also occasionally publish media, including but not limited to images and video, contained in your User Content in the context of sharing media updates of cats on our website and across third party social media applications. If you object to our use of the media contained in your User Content in this way, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove them.
7.5 We do not check or moderate any User Content before it is added to the Service by users. We may later check, moderate, reject, refuse or delete any User Content if anybody objects to it, or we think that it breaks any of the Rules of Acceptable Use.
8. Fees and payments
8.1 CatInAFlat provides access via the Website to a secure third party online payment service, called Stripe, which offers payment via all major credit and debit cards including Visa, American Express and Master Cards. In Europe you can also pay by IBAN, Giro, SOFORT, iDeal and eps.
8.3 CatInAFlat will not have access to, nor can it obtain any information of the Stripe service and is not responsible for its actions. A Member who wishes to change their bank details will need to log into the Stripe service directly. CatInAFlat accepts no liability for any failure in the Stripe service.
8.4 CatInAFlat only has access to payment transfers between Cat Sitters and Cat Owners in order to be able to refund or allow payment corrections. CatInAFlat has no transparency or access to any other payments of the Cat owners and Cat Sitters accounts.
8.5 Cat Sitters may set the price of their Cat Sitter Services ("Booking Fee"¨) within the parameters permitted by the Service. A fixed fee of £1.50/€1.90 (“Owner Booking Fee”) will be paid by the Cat Owner on top of every booking on the Service. A fee equal to 19% of the Booking Fee ( the “Sitter Service Fee”) will be subtracted from every booking from the Cat Sitter. CatInAFlat will facilitate the payment of the Booking Fee (less any Owner Service Fee or Sitter Service Fee) from the Cat Owner to the Cat Sitter.
8.6 If booked using a credit/debit card or bank transfer, the Booking Fee will be taken from the Cat Owners account the day before the booking starts, it will then automatically be transferred to the Cat Sitters account within 5 - 7 working days.
8.7 If booked using Giro, SOFORT, iDeal or EPS, the Cat Owner will be reminded to complete the payment two days before the booking starts. Payments will be automatically transferred to the Cat Sitters account 5 - 10 working days from when the payment was made.
8.8 In the event of a failed payment for a particular booking, for reasons such as insufficient funds, suspicion of fraud or violation of our terms, CatInAFlat will try to do its best to clarify the situation as part of their Customer Service. Should any effort, however fail to get the payment , CatInAFlat will not be liable for compensation to the Cat Sitter (referred to in section 8.5)
8.9 Where a Cat Owner has obtained a refund in relation to their booking in accordance with section 13.1, Cat Sitters agree that CatInAFlat will not refund the 19% fee (the “Sitter Service Fee”), and the full refund will be made by the Cat Sitter.
8.10 Cat sitters can optionally offer a 10% discount for their first completed booking. A discount can only be applied once. It is valid, till the first booking has been completed or the sitter switches it off in their profile. It cannot be reactivated after a first completed booking.
8.11 Cat Sitters and Cat Owners agree that all bookings (including, for the avoidance of doubt, new and repeat bookings) with a Cat Owner / Cat Sitter where the Cat Owner / Cat Sitter first contacted the Cat Owner / Cat Sitter via the Service ("Initial Contact"), must be made via the Service. Where an Initial Contact has been made, if a Cat Sitter confirms or proceeds with a booking with a Cat Owner outside of the Service, the Cat Sitter must pay an introduction fee of £500 per Cat Owner to CatInAFlat.
9. Your right to use the Service
9.1 The materials and content comprising the Service (excluding User Content) belongs to us or our third party licensors and we give you permission to use these materials and content for the sole purpose of using the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
9.2 Your right to use the Service is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to another person or to sell, gift or transfer your Account to another person. Your right to use the Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the Service.
9.3 Other than as allowed in these Terms of Service you are not given a right to use the "CatInAFlat" name, or any of the "CatInAFlat" trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features.
9.4 Unless allowed by these Terms of Service and as permitted by the functionality of the Service, you agree:
- not to copy any portion of our Service;
- not to give or sell or otherwise make available any portion of our Service to anybody else;
- not to change our Service in any way;
- not to look for or access the code of our Service that we have not expressly published publicly for general use.
You agree that you have no rights in or to any portion of the Service other than the right to use them in accordance with these Terms of Service.
10. Rules of Acceptable Use
10.1 In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Service (the "Rules of Acceptable Use").
10.2 When using the Service you must not:
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of the content accessible via the Service;
- create more than one account on the Service (however, you may connect all your social networks or other services accounts, that we support, to your account on the Service);
- give any false or misleading information or permit another person, other than an employee of yours that is under an appropriate duty of confidentiality, to use the Service under your name or on your behalf;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression they are linked to CatInAFlat, if this is not the case
- use the Service other than for its intended purpose as set out in these Terms of Service or if we have suspended or banned you from using it;
- send junk, spam or repetitive messages, advocate, promote or engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct (including fraud or the sale of counterfeit or stolen items) or conduct that causes damage or injury to any person or property;
- modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Service or collect any data from the Service other than in accordance with these Terms of Service;
- misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Service or any user of the Service's own equipment;
- submit or contribute any User Content that contains nudity or violence or is abusive, threatening, obscene, misleading, untrue, inaccurate or offensive;
- submit or contribute any User Content without the permission of the content owner or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
- use any User Content in violation of any licensing terms specified by the owner;
- submit or contribute any information or commentary about another person without that person's permission;
- threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person in particular any CatInAFlat staff member; or
- use any automated system, including without limitation "robots", "spiders" or "offline readers" to access the Service in a manner that send more request messages to the Service than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time.
10.3 Failure to comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice):
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
10.4 The responses described in this clause 10.3 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
11. Notice and takedown policy
11.1 Any person may contact us by sending us an "Infringement Notice" if any content available through our Service infringes their rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use. The Infringement Notice should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the information described below in the Infringement Notice:
- your name and contact details;
- a statement explaining in sufficient detail why you consider that the content available through our Service infringes your rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use; and
- a link to or such other means of identifying the problematic content.
11.2 We will take the action that we believe is appropriate depending on the nature of the Infringement Notice and will aim respond to you within a reasonable period of time on the action we propose to take.
12. Cat Owner and Cat Sitter obligations
12.1 If you are a Cat Owner, you agree to the following:
- You shall abide by any agreement reached between you and the Cat Sitter including the cancellation policy set by CatInAFlat.
- You shall provide all relevant information to any Cat Sitter you are dealing with including, but not limited to, the following:
- medical conditions or nutritional needs of your Cat; and
- unusual behavioural or similar issues including details of previous incidents of behaviour which is unusual or dangerous (including urinating or defecating indoors).
- how many cats you have in your household. If you have more than two cats, the Cat Sitter may charge an additional fee per extra cat. If you have more than two cats and do not inform the Cat Sitter, the Cat Sitter can decline the job at short notice.
- you do not run a cat sanctuary, charity or cattery
3. You must allow the Cat Sitter at their request to visit and/or inspect your Cat before commencing their Cat Sitter Services.
4. You shall ensure that your Cat is of good health, has been vaccinated and that all precautions for flea, parasite and other transmittable diseases have been taken.
- If your Cat introduces fleas to the Cat Sitters person which are then transferred to the Cat Sitter’s home, the Cat Owner may be billed for any amount to reimburse costs incurred. The costs may include, but are not limited to, costs associated with treating Cat Sitters resident animals and/or home for fleas or flea prevention.
- A Cat Sitter can not be held responsible for the damage caused by the vomit or wee of a cat, should a nervous behaviour of the cat already be known to the Cat Owner.
5. If you did not provide the Cat Sitter with the necessary details to allow them to perform the Cat Sitter Services, then the Cat Sitter shall be entitled to contact CatInAFlat to discuss an alternative arrangement in consideration of the cats wellbeing. You will be fully responsible for the costs of any such arrangements.
6. To arrange and pay for bookings in accordance with the following:
- where you send a pre-booked request to a Cat Sitter, a hold will be placed on your credit or debit card; if the Cat Sitter accepts, the booking is confirmed and you will be charged the funds the day before the booking starts. If the booking is not accepted by the Cat Sitter, the pre-booking will expire and the hold on your credit or debit card will be released.
- where you send an enquiry or message to a Cat Sitter without using a credit or debit card and the Cat Sitter confirms their availability, you will be prompted to log in, confirm and pay for the booking using your credit or debit card or via bank transfer or any other payment method we make available from time to time. In this case, you agree to confirm the booking within 48 hours before your booking is due to start. If you do not confirm the booking within that time period, CatInAFlat retains the right to cancel the booking. Once a booking has been confirmed by debit/credit card, payment will automatically be taken the day before the booking starts. In the case of a bank transfer or any other payment method you agree to make the payment 24hrs before the booking starts.
7. Once a booking has been confirmed (by either the Cat Owner or Cat Sitter):
- You will be available to communicate with the Cat Sitter and respond promptly to the Cat Sitter's queries relating to the Cat Sitter Services in order to allow for the smooth execution of the Cat Sitter Services.
- You will provide the Cat Sitter with an alternative contact and details of your Cat's veterinarian in case of an emergency.
- If the Cat Sitter Services are no longer required, you may cancel the booking (using the cancellation function on our website only) up to the day preceding the start date of the Cat Sitter Services. The cancellation fee payable will depend on the cancellation policy which you explicitly agree to when paying for the booking.
- If the booking has been confirmed but no payment has been made, the owner is obliged to pay on return or within 3 days after the booking is completed. If he/she fails to do so, Cat in a Flat can consider to enforce a penalty fee of 500 Euros through legal help.
12.2 If you are a Cat Sitter, you agree to the following in respect of any Cat Sitter Services you supply:
- Cat Sitter Services shall be supplied using reasonable skill and care, particularly in relation to the Cat's welfare.
- Cat Sitter Services shall be in accordance with applicable law (including applicable tax regulations, and that any required licenses are obtained) and with any agreement reached between you and the Cat Owner.
- Cat Sitter Services do not include home boarding. Cat Sitters, Cats or Cat Owners that enter such arrangements will not be insured.
- To arrange for bookings in accordance with the following:
- where a Cat Owner sends you a direct pending booking request, you will accept or decline the booking within 24 hours. If you do not accept the pending booking it will expire.
- where a Cat Owner sends you an enquiry or message, you will respond with your availability within 24 hours. If you repeatedly neglect to respond within the 24hrs your account may be closed.
5. Once a booking has been confirmed (by either the Cat Owner or Cat Sitter):
- You will be available to communicate with the Cat Owner and respond promptly to the Cat Owner's queries relating to the Cat Sitter Services in order to allow for the smooth execution of the Cat Sitter Services.
- You will be available for a "Meet and Greet" (as described in our guidelines made available in the Service from time to time) with the Cat Owner before commencement of the Cat Sitter Services.
- If the response or Meet and Greet obligations set out above are not adhered to, CatInAFlat may cancel the booking, fully refunding the Cat Owner regardless of the cancellation policy.
6. You acknowledge that if you breach these Terms of Service or any agreement with a Cat Owner, CatInAFlat at its sole discretion may cancel the booking, fully refunding the Cat Owner regardless of the cancellation policy.
7. If a situation arises in the course of the Cat Sitter Services where the Cat Owner's Cat requires emergency veterinary care, the Cat Sitter shall make reasonable efforts to inform the Cat Owner (or, where the Cat Owner is not available, the alternative contact provided by the Cat Owner) and CatInAFlat as soon as possible.
8. Cat Sitters agree to abide by our Code of Conduct
13. Booking Guarantees for Cat Owners
13.1 If, in relation to a Cat Owner's first booking of Cat Sitter Services, the Cat Owner has any genuine concerns about the quality or suitability of the Cat Sitter or the Cat Sitter Services, they may request a refund from CatInAFlat ("Refund Request"), regardless of the cancellation policy. Any Refund Request must be made in accordance with the following:
- The Refund Request must be by email to CatInAFlat at email@example.com within 24 hours of commencement of the Cat Sitter Services (for the purposes of this clause Cat Sitter Services are considered to commence at 8am local time on the first day of the Cat Sitter Services).
- The Refund Request must include a detailed description, including photographic evidence if applicable.
- Following receipt of a Refund Request, CatInAFlat, in its sole discretion, will determine whether a refund will be paid to the Cat Owner. This review process may take up to 3 weeks. If a refund is to be paid, CatInAFlat will process the refund to your credit or debit card; it may take up to 10 days for the money to appear in your account.
- Refund Requests will be considered if you have proof of a Meet & Greet, Booking Confirmation through CatInAFlat, and Clear Feeding and Litter Instructions.
- Refund Requests can be a maximum of 5 days of the confirmed Cat Sitter Service
13.2 If, at any point following confirmation of a booking or the Cat Sitter Services are in progress but not yet completed, the Cat Sitter cancels the booking, CatInAFlat shall:
- Assess the situation and offer a full or partial Refund depending on the individual circumstance; and
- If the booking is cancelled during, or within 3 days before the commencement of, the Cat Sitter Services, assist the Cat Owner in finding an alternative Cat Sitter
14. Cancelation Policy
14.1 Cat Owners and Cat Sitters can cancel a booking at any point before the Cat Sitter Services start. Depending on how much notice is given, Cat Owners may be charged a fee ( “Cancellation Fee” )
14.2 Cat Owners and Cat Sitters can cancel a Pre-Booking at any time with no cancellation charges.
14. 3 Cat Owners can cancel a confirmed booking at any time before the Cat Sitter Services start. The cancellation fee will depend on the time of notice given by the Cat Owner.
- There is no charge for a cancellation with more than 16 days notice.
- If a Cat Owner cancels 15 to 8 days before the booking starts they will be charged the CatInAFlat fixed booking fee of £1.50 / €1.90
- If a Cat Owner cancels within 7 days or less of the booking starting, the Cat Owner will be charged 30% of their booking cost, with a minimum charge of £9.50 / €9.50, or a maximum of £30 / €30. This cancellation fee will be paid to the Cat Sitter excluding CatInAFlat fees and the CatInAFlat fixed booking fee of £1.50 / €1.90
- If a Cat Owner has to cancel during a booking, there will be no refund.
- If a Cat Owner has to cancel the day before the booking starts they must contact CatInAFlat at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Cat Owners are legally obliged to pay cancellation fees according to our cancellation policy once they have booked a sitter.
14.4 Cat Sitters can cancel bookings at any stage with reasonable notice. If a Cat Sitter needs to cancel within 5 days or less of the booking starting, the Cat Sitter must contact CatInAFlat at email@example.com for further help.
14.5 All Cancellations and Refunds should be processed through Cat in a Flat ( Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ). If Cat Sitters process the refund themselves in Stripe, Cat in a Flat is not obliged to refund it’s fees to the Cat Sitter.
15. Emergency medical situations
15.1 The Cat Sitter is required to make reasonable efforts to inform the Cat Owner (or, where the Cat Owner is not available, the alternative contact provided by the Cat Owner) and CatInAFlat as soon as possible where a situation has arisen where Cat requires emergency veterinary care. Where CatInAFlat has been informed by the Cat Sitter that such a situation has arisen, CatInAFlat shall also make reasonable efforts to contact the Cat Owner to notify them of the situation where the Cat Sitter has been unable to contact them.
15.2 If the Cat Owner cannot be reached following reasonable efforts, the Cat Owner authorises the Cat Sitter to seek care on their behalf to promptly treat the Cat Owner's Cat. The Cat Owner agrees that they will bear the full cost of any such emergency medical treatment and will reimburse the Cat Sitter where the Cat Sitter has paid for such emergency medical treatment accordingly. The Cat Owner may be able to have the cost of such emergency medical treatment reimbursed as described at clause 16 below.
16. Insurance Coverage and Reimbursement of Veterinary Fees
16.1 All bookings made via the Service automatically include insurance for reimbursement of veterinary fees ("Veterinary Reimbursement"), accidental damage within the Cat Owners home (“Accidental Damage”) and loss of keys ("Loss of Keys Extension") for the benefit of Cat Sitters. Please note that excess fees do apply. Read more here. Cat Owners acknowledge that CatInAFlat Insurance should not be considered as a replacement or stand-in for Cat Owners existing Home and Pet Insurance. Cat Sitters acknowledge they are not third party beneficiaries of any Third Party Liability.
16.2 Veterinary Reimbursements will only be considered if the claim was made due to the Cat Sitters negligence during the Cat Sitter Service. Where you have your own insurance, Veterinary Reimbursement will only be available where you have sought reimbursement under your own insurance and reimbursement was denied or to the extent that the reimbursement does not cover all of your costs. We may request any documentation regarding insurance claims made by you to your own insurance provider.
16.3 Nothing in this clause 16 limits any liability the Cat Sitter owes to the Cat Owner or CatInAFlat in connection with the Cat Sitter Services.
- Where you have complied with these Terms of Service and wish to make a claim, we will submit the claim to our insurance provider who will deal with you directly. This will usually take around 5 to 10 weeks.
- CatInAFlat must be informed of the incident within 24 hours of it occurring; and
- the Cat Sitter or Cat Owner must collect all information from the relevant third party such as their name, address, telephone number and a summary of the incident (including timings and names of witnesses) and relay this information to us in full.
- The following claims are not covered:
- Claims against theft and damage
- Claims relating to services not falling within the Cat Sitter Services as agreed between the Cat Owner and Cat Sitter; ie any extra services that have nothing to do with the cat like watering the plants for example.
- Claims against households with more than 5 cats
- Claims against cats in the care of a cat sancturay, cattery or pet charity
- Claims against any other type of pet
- Claims relating to the sale or supply of any products;
- Claims relating to any Meet and Greet before the Cat Sitter Services commence;
- The medical expenses of the Cat Sitter or anyone related to the Cat Sitter;
- Claims relating to an incident outside of the Cat Owner and Cat Sitter's control including without limitation a natural disaster, terrorist attack, fire, explosion or other accident;
- Claims relating to an incident where the Cat Sitter Services are not provided in accordance with applicable Cat boarding regulations or any required licenses;
- Indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages including but not limited to emotional damage;
- Damage incurred to a Cat Sitter's (or any person related to the Cat Sitter) property;
16.5 Veterinary Reimbursement.
1. Veterinary Reimbursement provides the Cat Sitter with cover for certain veterinary fees incurred, up to a maximum of €2,000 per Cat, arising out of an incident that has occurred during and in connection with the Cat Sitter Services where the Cat requires veterinary treatment due to negligence of the Cat Sitter. Cat Sitters will be charged a standard excess of €175 for each claim made. Veterinary Reimbursement covers veterinary fees incurred in respect of the following:
- emergency visits to a veterinarian during the Cat Sitting Services (including follow-up emergency visits, for example, where the veterinarian has suggested waiting for a period of time);
- a visit to a veterinarian after the Cat Sitter Services have concluded;
- cost of medicine and/or any surgeries performed.
2. Veterinary Reimbursement does not cover veterinary fees incurred in respect of any of the following:
- Rehabilitation treatment or other post-emergency treatment (for example follow-up visits after a surgery);
- Treatments for the Cat Sitter's own pets;
- Pre-existing conditions, conditions relating to pregnancy, pathology, congenital disorder or old age;
- Any diseases that the Cat Owner should have their Cat vaccinated against; and
- Claims relating to any Meet and Greet before the Cat Sitter Services commence.
3. In order to qualify for Veterinary Reimbursement, you must comply with all obligations set out in these Terms of Service and in addition:
- we must be informed us of the incident within 24 hours of it occurring; and
- must provide us with written and signed documentation from a veterinarian in good standing detailing their fees and the amount paid or to be paid and a report detailing the treatment. We may request additional veterinarian records for the Cat Owner's Cat in order to validate any claims.
4. Where you have complied with these Terms of Service and wish to make a claim for Veterinary Reimbursement, we will assess the claim which may take up to 2 weeks. We shall, in good faith, solely determine whether you have satisfied the requirements of clause 16.4 and are entitled to a reimbursement under the Veterinary Reimbursement.
16.6 Loss of Keys Extension.
1. Loss of Key Extension provides Cat Sitters with cover of up to a maximum of €250 per booking, should they lose the ability to gain access to the Cat Owners property during the Cat Sitter Service, for example where the Cat Sitter lost the key. Cat Sitters will be charged a standard excess of €50 for each claim made.
2. Loss of Key Extension does not cover the following:
- Cat Sitter unable to gain access due to the Cat Owner supplying the incorrect keys
- Cat Sitter unable to gain access due to newly cut, untested keys supplied by the Cat Owner
- Cat Sitter unable to gain access due to a faulty lock
17. Advertisements on the Service
18. Ending our relationship
18.1 If at any time you do not feel that you can agree to these Terms of Service or any changes made to the Terms of Service or the Service, you must immediately stop using the Service.
18.3 We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service.
We may also withdraw the Service as long as we give you reasonable notice that we plan to do this.
18.4 If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this section, we may delete or modify your User Content, account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses.
18.5 The termination of your use of the Service and the cancellation of your Account shall not affect any of your outstanding obligations to us (including obligation to pay any sums to us), or to any Cat Owner or Cat Sitter pursuant to any agreement with that Cat Owner or Cat Sitter.
19.1 You acknowledge that CatInAFlat is not a party to any agreement between Cat Owners and Cat Sitters. Accordingly, CatInAFlat will not be liable for any breach of a contract between Cat Owners and Cat Sitters. For the avoidance of doubt, the Cat Sitter is solely responsible for carrying out the Cat Sitting Services. CatInAFlat assumes no liability for any loss or damage suffered by a Cat Owner, including harm caused to their Cat, which is caused by the Cat Sitter's action or inaction.
19.2 Although Members register with CatInAFlat to use the Services, CatInAFlat does not vet Cat Owners or Cat Sitters and provides no warranty for the accuracy or information uploaded by Members to the Website. Classified entries by Cat Sitters do not imply any form of recognition, recommendation or guarantee of the Cat Sitter or the products and services provided by them. Accordingly, it is up to Cat Owners and Cat Sitters to ensure that they are satisfied with the suitability of any engagement, to confirm the identity and the status of those involved and to check any credentials and we shall have no input or liability in that respect.
19.3 Cat Sitters agree and accept liability for any loss or damage we may suffer in respect of any breach by Cat Sitters of these Terms of Service or any agreement with Cat Owners.
19.4 Cat Sitters agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage we may suffer as a result of any Cat Owner bringing any claim against us or taking any action against us as a result of any breach by Cat Sitters of these Terms of Service or any agreement with Cat Owners.
19.5 Cat Owners agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage we may suffer as a result of any claim or action brought against us as a result of any breach by Cat Owner of these Terms of Service or any agreement with Cat Owners.
19.6 Our Service makes available third party content such as User Content. As we do not produce such third party content, we cannot be responsible for it in any way. In particular, we cannot verify any claims made by a Cat Owner or Cat Sitter.
19.7 We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Service is reasonably available during normal business hours.
19.8 Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet and technology, the Service is provided on an "as available" and "as is" basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law.
19.9 In the event of a claim arising out of the provision of our Service, our responsibility to you will never be more than the total amount you have paid us or two thousand British pounds (£2,000).
19.10 In every case, we will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
20. Resolving disputes
20.1 If you have a dispute with us relating to the Service, in the first instance please contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve a dispute informally, we will discuss and agree with you the most effective way of resolving the dispute.
20.2 If you have a dispute with another person who has registered with our Service in connection with the Service, we will provide reasonable assistance to resolve such disputes informally. For the avoidance of doubt, we are under no obligation to resolve such a dispute to the satisfaction of both parties.
21. Changes to the Service
21.1 We are constantly updating and improving the Service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies, tastes, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and our Service.
21.2 In order to do this, we may need to update, reset, stop offering and/or supporting a particular part of the Service, or feature relating to the Service ("changes to the Service"). These changes to the Service may affect your past activities on the Service, features that you use, your Profile and your User Content ("Service elements"). Any changes to the Service could involve your Service elements being deleted or reset.
21.3 You agree that a key characteristic of our Service is that changes to the Service will take place over time and this is an important basis on which we grant you access to the Service. Once we have made changes to the Service, your continued use of the Service will show that you have accepted any changes to the Service. You are always free to stop using the Service or deactivate your Account in the settings feature of the Service.
21.4 We will try, where possible and reasonable, to contact you to let you know about any significant changes to the Service.
22. Changes to the documents
22.1 We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time and the most current version will always be at https://nl.catinaflat.com/terms.
22.2 Changes will usually occur because of new features being added to the Service, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something.
22.3 We will try, where possible and reasonable, to contact you to let you know about any significant changes to any of the documents referred to in these Terms of Service. We may contact you through the Service (for example by asking you to accept the changes before you continue to use the Service) or via a separate email.
22.4 Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we will not give you any notice.
23. Documents that apply to our relationship with you
23.1 The current version of the Terms of Service contains the only terms and conditions that apply to our relationship with you. Older versions of the Terms of Service will no longer apply to our relationship and will be completely replaced by the current version.
23.2 We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the Service. If part of the Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
23.3 If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
24.1 If any provision of these Terms of Service is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions.
25.1 English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the Service. If you are resident in the EU, nothing in this clause shall affect your rights under the law of the country in which you live, including your right to have a dispute in relation to your use of the Service heard in the courts of that country.
26. Contact, feedback and complaints
26.1 If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
26.2 We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.