cat sitTers code of conduct
- I will always endeavour to provide a professional, ethical business which is governed by honourable standards.
- I will provide conscientious care for the cats entrusted to me at all times and to place their welfare above all other business considerations.
- I understand that the cat’s welfare, health and safety is paramount and to work with integrity at all times.
- I understand that it is my obligation to my clients and be honest & transparent.
- I will respect the confidence of every customer served and treat my clients in a courteous manner.
- I will avoid misrepresentation of my services and not promote other services or url links through my sitter profile.
- I will treat clients homes and personal belongings with the utmost respect, taking care to leave the home in the same condition I found it.
- I will not give clients keys or access to their property to anyone else (even my friends) - unless agreed by the client first.
- I will ensure the house is safely locked and secured after every visit.
- I will learn more about my profession and cats to improve my services when the opportunity arises.
- I will support Cat in a Flat, its policies and participate in its activities and community when possible.
- I will be respectful of, and cooperate with other professions and trades which operate within the pet industry, in every way consistent with my other responsibilities.
- I will obey all applicable animal law and pet sitting legislation and local laws governing animal care and welfare and business practices. Thereby reflecting honour upon the pet care services industry within my local community.
- I will encourage responsible cat ownership, and promote, especially through the charitable programs of RSPCA and Cats Protection an increased awareness and acceptance of humane and noble animal protection programs.
*Cat in a Flat is independent of all its members' businesses and although they registered with us and have agreed to abide by our code of conduct we are not a policing organisation and do not accept any liability for them. Your contract is with your chosen cat sitter and therefore you should make your own enquiries and rely on your own judgment as to their credibility.